Sabarimala is a Hindu temple in Kerala, India, dedicated to the deity Ayyappan. The temple is known for its strict rules regarding entry, which traditionally prohibited women of menstruating age (generally considered to be between the ages of 10 and 50) from entering the Sabarimala temple. This rule was the subject of much controversy and legal challenges in recent years, with the Supreme Court of India ruling in 2018 that the ban on women’s entry was unconstitutional and discriminatory.
Sabarimala Temple timings:
The Sabarimala temple is open for devotees from 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM. The temple remains closed during the afternoon (from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM) for the ritual puja and other ceremonies. On certain festival days, the temple may remain open for extended hours. It is recommended to check the official website or contact the temple authorities for updated timings.
How to Book Sabarimala Darshan Tickets Online
- Go to the official website of Sabarimala Temple (http://sabarimalaonline.org/).
- Click on the “Online Booking” tab.
- Select the date and time of your visit and the number of pilgrims in your group.
- Fill in the details of all the pilgrims, including their name, age, gender, and ID proof.
- Choose the mode of transport and the type of accommodation required.
- Pay using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Once the payment is successful, you will receive a confirmation email with your booking details.
- Please print out the confirmation email and carry it with you on the day of your visit.
Note: It is advisable to book your tickets at least two weeks in advance to avoid last-minute rush and availability issues.
Sabarimala Temple phone number
The temple does not have a specific phone number as it is managed by the Travancore Devaswom Board, which can be reached at 7025800100.